Red Nose Foundation
Executive Director Position
Red Nose Foundation is an arts and education outreach organization based in Indonesia’s capital city, Jakarta. The organization was founded in 2008, by American Dan Roberts and has grown under his leadership since its inception.
Red Nose Foundation’s (Red Nose) mission is to support the educational and personal development of children living in underprivileged circumstances, and to promote the empowerment of youth through arts while assisting them to become positive contributors to society. Red Nose strives to be the pioneering force behind creative education rehabilitation.
Red Nose currently works with 300 children offering more than 75 hours of education and arts classes each week. Since 2008, Red Nose Foundation programming has affected over 125,000 children across Indonesia. Red Nose has a full time team of 18 enthusiastic and hardworking professionals who work every day to further the organization’s mission and improve the lives of the Red Nose children. In 2015, Red Nose ran a budget of $175,000 and in 2016, the budget was $250,000 annually.
The Executive Director is the key management leader of Red Nose Foundation. The Executive Director is responsible for overseeing the administration, programs, strategic plan, fundraising, marketing, and government relations of the organization. The position reports directly to the Board of Directors and works laterally with the Education Director and the Artistic Director, who also report directly to the Board of Directors.
Leadership and Management
- Oversee organizational direction through rigorous program evaluations and needs assessments in collaboration with the other members of the leadership team.
- Lead weekly meetings with full team and leadership team, in order to offer support where needed to the various departments.
- Actively engage and energize volunteers, board members, committees, partner organizations, and current and potential donors.
- With the support of the Leadership Team, develop a 3-year strategic plan and refine the vision and goals of the organization.
Fundraising and Communications
- Responsible for all of the organization’s fundraising efforts including, but not limited to, sustaining, renewing, and cultivating new and old relationships with individual and corporate donors.
- Organize and implement annual fundraising events, as well as develop new creative fundraising events.
- Assist Artistic Director in increasing revenue by offering after-school circus classes at private schools around the city.
- Expand current revenue generating and fundraising activities to support existing program operations and expansion plans.
- Directly oversee Communications Manager and support his position through creative input, proof reading (English language) and ensure the communications department is working efficiently and effectively.
- Regularly attend networking events and build relationships with current and potential donors (Individuals and Corporate).
Financial Performance and Accountability
- Responsible for presenting annual budgets to the Board for approval.
- Responsible for presenting quarterly budgets to each program specificied donor group.
- Responsible for fiscal management that generally anticipates operating within the approved budged, ensures maximum resource utilization, and maintenance of the organization in a positive financial position.
- A bachelor’s degree in a relevant field
- Transparent and high integrity leadership skills
- Minimum of five years experience leading a non-profit organization
- International experience a plus
- Strong marketing, public relations, and fundraising experience with the ability to engage a wide range of stakeholders through a variety of diverse cultures.
- Solid, hands-on, budget management skills, including budget preparation, analysis, decision-making and reporting skills
- Good public speaker with the ability to convey Red Nose Foundation’s mission with compassion and trust
- Skills to collaborate with and motivate board members and other volunteers
- Strong written and oral communication skills (English language)
- Indonesian language skills and understanding of the culture a big plus
Salary and Benefits
- US$20,000- US$30,000 annually (net) Salary can be renegotiated after first year, based on achieving fundraising goals and evaluation by board of directors
- Health Insurance
- Work Permit and Visas
- 35 days paid leave (including full office holiday periods)
- Once yearly round trip flight to home country
- Lodging and local transportation provided
- Company driver provided
Interested applicants should send a cover letter and resume to email@example.com with the subject title “Executive Director Application”